Last updated September 7th, 2018
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Website or use the Service, we collect the following types of personal information:
Information we collect automatically: When you visit the Website or use the Service, we automatically collect the information sent to us by your computer, mobile device or other equipment you use to access our Website or Service. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information from your interaction with the Website and the Service, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, browsing history to and from the Website, referring URL, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and
Information you provide to us: We collect, store and use any information you provide to us when you use the Service. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information that you are required to submit to us when you are obtaining a pet licence from a municipality or other pet licensing authority that has contracted with us to provide such licensing services (“Pet Licensing Information”);
- Information other than Pet Licensing Information that you voluntarily provide to us at the time you are obtaining a pet license from a municipality or other pet licensing authority that has contacted with us to provide such licensing services , which information may include but not be limited to photos, images, videos, stories and other information
- Information that you provide to us when you register for an account (your “Account”) for any Additional Services, which are services other than the Pet Licensing Services, including your name, residential or mailing address, email address, phone number and any photos, images, videos or other information you may provide at that time;
- Information such as posts, comments, images and videos that you upload or otherwise make available to the public or to us through the Service, including through your use of any Optional Services as defined in our Terms of Service;
- information that you may make public or provide to us through social media sites or third party services you or we use which include but are not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Google and MySpace;
- information about your location and the location of your device, including your device’s unique identifier information if you have enabled this service on your mobile device;
- Information that you provide to us in connection with the purchase of goods or services through the Website or the Service (this may include payment information such as credit card numbers and other details, billing and shipping address);
- Information that you provide to us in the context of dispute resolution, including correspondence posted through the Service or correspondence that is sent to us through the Website or otherwise; and
- Information that you provide to us in connection with an application or inquiry regarding potential employment with us, including without limitation your Canadian Social Insurance Number or U.S. Social Security Number.
Information from third parties: We may receive or collect additional information about you from third parties and public sources (to the extent permitted by law) and combine such information with your information for the purpose of improving and personalizing our Services. We use software code, sometimes called a beacon, on our website that helps track conversions from our advertisements, optimize advertisements according to your interests and develop targeted audience groups for advertisements on our website.
How we use your personal information
You agree, and do hereby opt-in, that we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you access to the Service and customer support relating to the Service by means of e-mail, telephone and through the Service;
- to personalize, measure and improve the Service, including the content and ads on the Service;
- to provide you with other services that you have requested, as described when we collected such information.
Connecting with Social Media Sites
We may offer login services that enable you to access the Website and the Service with your credentials from other third party websites or services. We may also offer Additional Services that enable you to share information with third party websites and services, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Transfer of your personal information to third parties
- municipalities and other pet licensing authorities with whom we have entered into an agreement to provide the pet licensing services;
- our corporate affiliates, to provide joint content and services (such as registration and customer support), to prevent, detect and investigate possible prohibited or illegal activities, violations of our policy, fraud and/or data security breaches, and to support decision making on products, websites, applications, services, tools and communication;
- service providers with whom we have entered into an agreement to help us provide the Service or for the purpose of marketing, advertising, analyzing or improving the Service;
- other third parties to whom you have given consent to share your information via the Service
- companies that we intend to merge or combine with in the context of a re-organization or acquisition. Before personal information is provided, the possible acquirer, acquiree, or the business combination partner will enter into an agreement that inter alia stipulates it will only use information for due diligence purposes in aggregated form and will maintain it secret and confidential.
- an intellectual property owner if the owner of an intellectual property right or an intermediary in good faith believes that any content on the Service violates the rights of the owner. Before personal information is provided, the IP owner will enter into an agreement that, inter alia, stipulates that information is only provided on the strict condition that it may only be used in the context of legal proceedings and/or obtaining legal advice and/or to answer questions from the relevant advertiser.
Information you share through the Service
The Service allows users to share information with other users. You are solely responsible for the personal information you share through the Service and we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of any information shared by you with other users.
Pet Licensing Information
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You may contact us during our regular business hours (as posted from time to time on our Website) to request disclosure of any of your personal information that is stored by us and not directly accessible through the Service, unless we are not required to provide access under applicable law. We may charge a fee to cover our costs for this service provided that the fee shall not exceed the amount permitted by applicable law. If your information is factually incorrect or incomplete or irrelevant for the purposes for which we process your information, you can request us to modify or delete your information. Such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable law. If you have any questions, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Protection and retention of your personal information
We protect your personal information by using technical and administrative security measures (such as firewalls, data encryption, and physical and administrative access controls to the data and servers) that limit the risk of loss, abuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, and alteration. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee that there will be no unauthorized access or other intrusion into our servers and other information technology infrastructure affecting your personal information. If you believe your Account has been compromised, please contact us email@example.com.
If you have any questions about The Website and our Website please immediately contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.